Friday, November 6, 2009

The Heart of the Human Problem

I heard about a little girl who got into a terrible argument with her younger brother. Her mother rushed into the room to stop the fight with great alarm. “How could you let the devil trick you into calling your brother names and spitting on him?” asked the mother. The little girl, still not quite repentant said, “The devil made me call him names, but spitting on him was my idea!”

You may have heard the saying, “The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.” In our society we see problems that are much more serious than spitting on your little brother. To some it may sound too simplistic to say that the problem is a spiritual heart issue, but that is exactly what it is. In Romans chapter one, the Bible explains that the terrible consequence of refusing to respond to God and His truth is spiritual darkness; further refusal to acknowledge God results in a society that embraces immorality, violence and hatred.

As Christians we have a tremendous responsibility to represent and share God’s light to our dark world. It would be easy to throw up our hands and say that it is too late to make a difference, but God is able to bring beauty for ashes and hope from hopelessness. He can change hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Good post David. I am glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a great God. I'm so thankful He didn't give up on me, so I shouldn't give up on others!

    ReplyDelete